Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Final Week & New Opportunity

This is the final week for those of you participating in one or all of Current Fitness Challenge(s)!  Make it count!!!

Whether you started the Challenge this past 12 weeks or whether you have tried Challenges in the past but never managed to complete them or succeed in the way in which you set out to because of whatever obstacle popped up in your path or whether you have never tried one......You are in luck in just another week!!!  How?  Read on:

Starting the week of April 8, 2013 (on that Tues, 4/9/13), there will be a 6 week manageable and step by step (including workouts) Challenge for either the beginner or those in need of some hand holding to get past those obstacles that keep tripping them up along their journey to fitness (and/or fat loss).  This is a great opportunity to get some shadow support, how to info and advice from someone who is not only educated on all aspects of the process and certified, but who has also been there and done that from every aspect of the journey! 

I will guide you through journaling, caloric targets, meal planning ideas, workouts for the beginner as well as for those who are more intermediate or advanced.  Why am I doing this?  Simply for the same reason I provide this free blog....it's important and it's needed!  You know my story (and if not, you can read it at Why Workout With Me? & How Effective? Very! How Do I Know? & Why A Free  Blog), but did you know that obstacles come every turn along your journey regardless of your past successes or failures?  We are never "off the hook" from stumbling along our journey :-/

As some of you may know, I had an emergency appendectomy earlier this month (March 8th).  I was perfectly fine the day before the surgery, and perfectly horrible and in crisis the next day.  That's how life happens....when you are making other plans!  What most don't know is that it wasn't just an appendectomy...I had an extreme (2+ week ordeal) allergic reaction to multiple processes of the surgery and hospital stay.  By Sunday I was past miserable and hanging by a thread that would just continue to fray as the week went on....that's life alright and the very obstacles that can turn into mounting backsliding and failures for weeks and months to come...but only if you let it.  I am on the mend and starting to feel like myself again albeit still in quite a bit of pain and limited movement.  I decided that even though this (out-of-my-control and completely nowhere on the radar) event that stole 2+ weeks of my life was not going to run off with more than necessary.  I bucked up and did my first workout since this ordeal Saturday morning and even though I felt like I was going to throw up for 2 hours following, I was able to understand what my true limitations at this time are (not just the excuses and fears) and made a plan for how I was going to climb back out of the hole that I found myself.  I set up a 5 week plan to get my head back in the game (as it were) and take my life back from the derailing.  It would have been very easy to stay sidetracked until I was pain free....but how long would that take?  3 months, 6 months?  That just isn't an option as far as I'm concerned.  Am I stronger than most?  Nope, believe me when I say that my head was not in a good place....I had to dig my way out of a very dark place and am still not at the top, but just taking each day as it comes and making the next right decision and doing the next right thing...best I can.  How?  Journaling helps to keep me on track, planning my day, my workouts, my nutrition, and staying in the present moment and not allowing myself to get overwhelmed by the whole picture.  Making a plan, setting goals, and taking each day as it comes, is how you achieve your goals.  That is when I decided that it was necessary to help provide those very steps to those who need that support and guidance for whatever reason.  Even if you are not in the best place, but really need this.....then take this opportunity, one step at a time, one day at time.....what have you got to lose?  Let me help you get on your way out of the hole!!!  Let me help you get on your way to achieving your goals!

If this is something you are going to try (and accomplish), please sign up today for the daily e-mails as I will be posting throughout the weeks to come on strategies that you can use to succeed (otherwise, just be sure to check the site daily)!

Subscribe (at the right side of the screen pull out options)

No comments:

Post a Comment