Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Days 64-70

Days 64-70 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Life is busy! To make time for just one other thing seems impossible and like it will throw everything you have "working" off balance! It will and it won't. One of the struggles of the past weeks has been: "if I add workouts in this time slot, then I will fall behind on x,y,z (cause it's never just one thing), but if it doesn't go 'here' then it won't happen at all". Yes and no. Adding or deleting activities/to-dos means rearranging how things work, but it doesn't mean they instantly won't work. It's about carving and finding and moving and shifting things around until they work. That's what I've been doing and fingers crossed it will and will stick. The balancing act comes in with not overdoing dysfunctionally or underdoing by giving up/in.

I think for my time(sake) and keeping my ability to do what I need to in order to stay on track, I am going to journal/post my days weekly for the remainder of this 90 Day Challenge:

Days 64-70 Reporting:
Workout/Run:

  • Day 64 (Mon) was Resistance (Aug B modified for where I am currently). It's always important to remind ourselves that "currently" isn't forever if we get going and progressing. Discouragement can always be lingering, but allowing it to take up residence is defeating which leads to quitting (there is no progress in quitting). Since the B workout is very cardio filled, I saved Intervals for the following day. Additionally, I did 20 minutes later in the day of Pilates (attempting to focus on my Core strength for next few weeks to get back to my fitness level). 
  • Day 65 (Tues) was a mile/half run followed by Intervals (40x20 8 rounds of Knee Highs/Jumping Jacks on the driveway jamming to Pandora) followed by some additional Core work (Side Planks/Saw Forearm Planks). Your ab muscles are the only ones you can strength train days in a row (other muscles need a day in between break to heal/repair/build). I won't do this ongoing....just until I'm in a different fitness place. 
  • Day 66 (Wed) - Day 68 (Fri) was a disappointing and unplanned days off for working out...long story, but suffice it to say the kids got the better of my abilities to cope. Homeschooling 4 kids is not for the faint of heart...some days way more so than others!
  • Day 69 (Sat)  was a 1.5 mile jog/run/walk with my almost 10 year old little man (who loves to run) followed by Resistance (Aug A 3 rounds, full workout) followed by Intervals (40x20 for 10 rounds of Burpees) followed by 20 min of Pilates and then finally stretching.
  • Day 70 (Sun) day off from working out....

Yoga:

  • Day 64 (Mon) restorative Yoga stretches for legs/hips/buttocks. 
  • Day 65 (Tues) Power Yoga (full body, fast paced). Also, got in some handstands following morning run/intervals/abs (inversions are the bomb diggity) . 
  • Day 66 (Wed) - Day 70 (Sun) had intended to do Yoga but intentions aren't worth anything if there is no follow through....and yeah I didn't follow through.....I stretched intermittently, but as far as a full Yoga practice goes...nope :-/ Guess this wasn't "the week" after all....

Eating: Started out great Mon/Tues/and most all of Wed with 90/10 clean with limited gluten/dairy. Still lacking in my complete goal of 8-10 servings of produce consistently, but getting there. Then, my succumbing to stress, anxiety, desperate frustration, I fell to 70-75/30-35 for the remainder of the week....Not the worst, but definitely not the best either.....Here's to a better week ahead!

Sleep: With one day exception, I got in 6-7 hours each night...only one night at 5 hours.

**Note, that while it seems like a lot of workout/yoga time in places, it's really not. Resistance Workouts take 15-20 min tops, Intervals take 10-15 min tops, Runs take 30 min tops, Yoga is anywhere from 30-45 min tops....cause that's all the time I have. If I need to take time from somewhere to simply get in the workouts/runs/yoga, I take it from leisure time (TV, Facebook, etc.).....provided of course it's not days like Wed-Fri of last week, and then my resolve at this stage is no f@#$ given....It's about figuring out what you want and how to go about doing it.**

No comments:

Post a Comment