Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Produce Serving Sizes

A question that gets asked a lot is what constitutes a serving size of produce.  First know that the information contained on this blog is not medical advice and is not intended to replace the advice or attention of health-care professionals. I am not a registered dietician. Consult your physician before beginning or making changes in your diet or exercise program, for diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries, and for advice regarding medications.  That said, the rule I go by is to eat a minimum of 8-10 servings of fruit and vegetables daily.  I try to weight the fruits earlier in the day due to the sugar content and I always combine my produce with protein. Eating Supportively Page  The serving sizes I utilize are as follows:

1 Fruit Serving Size is Equal to:1 medium whole fruit (e.g., apple, banana,, orange)
1/2 cup small fruit (e.g., berries, grapes)
1 cup chopped large (e.g., melons)
1/4 cup dried fruit

1 Vegetable Serving Size is Equal to:1 cup cooked or raw
2 cups leafy greens
1/2 cup beans/legumes

No comments:

Post a Comment