Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Aging Fruits & Veggies

A great way to not waste aging fruits and veggies that are not yet throw away material but are not visually as appealing as you would want them to be in order to eat them, is to throw them in a smoothie. I definitely hate to waste food, but there are times when I don't want to munch down turning spinach either. I have found that throwing expiring produce into the blender is an excellent way to consume them. Saturday I had such a need and threw the remaining 3 cups of spinach into the blender with a large orange and cup of strawberries no one would have eaten otherwise. It was delicious; didn't waste the food; provided me with the produce I was needing with my breakfast; and was a new flavor discovery for me for future smoothies. Try it....you'll be surprised what combinations you end up doing again. I have thrown carrots and tomatoes in with kale, apples, and blueberries before and was surprised at the taste...no not in a bad way ;-)  Know too that tossing in those wonderful herbs and spices you can't always get into your day, are also awesome added to smoothies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment