Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Surprise Yourself

Two sides to this coin for which I was recently reminded. Tackle the hard tasks first and Do what intimidates you (face your fears). If you know me well,  you know the former is something I do daily. I come by my work ethic and tough as nails stubbornness honestly through genetics. I think of my grandparents and know I have them to thank!

Seriously though, if you tackle the tough tasks first, then the rest is like dessert ;-) This not only applies to all aspects of daily life & growth, but to our fitness journeys as well. If there is something you dread or do not like doing, Just Do It! Is it tracking your food, planning your food, doing your workouts, specific workout moves (burpees?)? Whatever it is, tackle it before procrastinating it tackles your success!!! Just like the first time you tried holding plank, this too gets easier and soon you will wonder what all the fuss was about in the first place. Don't believe me?  Go ahead, prove me wrong....catch is, you will have to do it, and do it, and do it before you can tell me it doesn't work....Go ahead ;-)

I was recently in a situation that I wanted to turn away from because it was intimidating and seemed like a no win situation. I set my jaw and faced my fears by being prepared for all scenarios I went into the dreaded task at hand. As with most twists and turns in my life, I was surprised to discover the thing I thought was going to be a disaster was actually a blessing! That's the thing about our lives and our fitness journeys, you can't judge by your fears what is going to be the best path. Nor should you just wing every moment. I do love the saying that 'if you fail to plan you plan to fail'. It's true, you have to be prepared best you can for what you face and then Just Do It! Realize too that sometimes our best successes come out of the many failures along the way. Another saying I love and live by is that 'it is only a true failure and bad experience if you do not learn anything from it'. My life is built on the many lessons learned and I am truly blessed and better off for each rocky moment. Embrace the difficulty and move forward a stronger person for it! http://veryeffectiveliving.blogspot.com/

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses, and disappointments, but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures."  ~Joseph Addison


No comments:

Post a Comment