Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Surviving the Holidays and Everyday Stress

So we are approaching "holiday season" and all that comes with it....stresses, temptations, time crunches, etc.  Thought now would be a good time to offer you some solutions to not just these holiday situations but your everyday life struggles as well.  I have mentioned to you a few times since Labor Day about "reordering" my (your) life and priorities.  I have been diligently working on that and so will also be "reordering" the way I post to this blog as an extension of that and these survival solutions as well.  Look at this as a mind, body, and soul solution:

On Mondays I will be posting scriptural and spiritual reflections and inspiration.

On Tuesdays I will be posting Challenge Dares & Tidbits to add to your daily/weekly routines to help you cope with time management, nutritional struggles, and workout routines.

On Wednesdays & Thursdays I will be posting my usual sundry of tidbits, solutions, inspirations.

On Fridays I will be posting reflections, inspirations, and pins.

If you haven't already signed up to get e-mailed with post updates, then do so now so you don't miss a single one: 

Follow by Email



If you are starting anew, starting over, or digging in stronger and more determined, then this will all benefit you!  Let me suggest that in addition to following the Tuesday dares/tidbits that you also start with either a two week elimination challenge or a four week focused challenge throughout this holiday season (details for both can be found at Current Fitness Challenge).

With this being Monday, let me take this opportunity to issue a Challenge to accompany the Monday postings in that you take at least 30 minutes each and every day in Bible Study or Meditation.  You could read a set amount of scriptures during that time and read your way through the Bible.  You could set aside that time to go deeper in a particular Book of the Bible and/or topical study.  However you spend that 30 minutes a day, whether it be at the beginning, middle, or end of your day, take the time to take a breath and hone in on what is really important in life.  Trust me when I tell you this will make all the difference in how you cope with stress, how you interact with your family, how you "order" your day.  This will make all the difference in your fitness journey....I know from experience ;-)

"Through wisdom is an house builded; And by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches."  Proverbs 24:3-4

"When thou goest, it shall lead thee; When thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; And when though awakest, it shall talk with thee."  Proverbs 6:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment