Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 36

Day 36 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Big time health obstacles out of the way, inflammation way down, autoimmune issues at bay, and back on to doing what works! My main goals through all of this has been and continues to be to keep "me" on the list, eating healthy (90/10 clean), working out and doing yoga consistently, getting my "strong" back, inflammation gone, and lose the weight I gained through all the stress/health crisis. Gonna spend the next 54 days of this 90 Day Challenge doing just that!

It's easy to get discouraged and quit....so many times, I've had clients that get several weeks into trying to reach their fitness goals and give up simply because it's been a struggle. They start out excited and encouraged, but when they hit too many stops and restarts they chuck it and declare that "it just isn't possible". The main reason I am sharing all of my mess with you is to show you that it doesn't matter what knowledge, time, circumstance, etc., we all struggle with similar hardships with this. When I started this 90 Day Challenge, I was going to go balls to the wall and cut out a whole list of everything to get me out of health crisis. It proved to make matters worse because of the stress involved with total deprivation (which again, I don't recommend) in the midst of pain and life stress. I didn't give up on the whole Challenge or on trying, I simply changed my tactic. I switched to eating clean 90% of the week (which is what I recommend), but allowing indulgences back in 3-4 times a week and allowing minimal gluten, dairy, corn, caffeine, etc. I hit a health crisis in the midst of my health crisis, but still didn't chuck trying. I gave my body time to work through the crisis and got back to it. This is a life journey, not a "I'll do this for a few days and get my goals met and then go back to whatever I want to do" quick fix "challenge". My process is to use a set time (challenge) to dedicate my focus, so what I am changing becomes habit, becomes my lifestyle. That's the whole point of this is to make healthy habit changes. To find balance in life (health, weight, fitness, nutrition, perspective). It's an evolving process, and in that, you have to expect obstacles, pitfalls, lapses, relapses, crazy alterations to strategy, etc., until you find what works for you to reach your goals through changing your lifestyle beyond the set time (challenge). Make sense? Whether you find your stride in week 2 or week 6, the benefit of having 12 weeks is to use them to find your stride, change your habits, and live life fit and healthy ongoing!!!

Day 36 Body Comp Progress:
Well that's a depressing story! I knew I had gained back what I had lost earlier in this 90 Day Challenge, but did my measurements anyway so I could have a new starting point (starting back over AGAIN after all). Should be a better reporting next week!!!

Day 36 Reporting:
Workout: Resistance Workout DONE..whoo hoo...all bodyweight moves until I can get back to lifting weight. I did the Multitasking Kitchen Workout yesterday because time was an issue since it was the first day of my kiddos' new curriculum/homeschool year (and a dentist appointment thrown in just to make Monday fun). I did the counter Push Ups to test how my chest would do and that was fine, but when I did the Side Planks (on my forearms) that proved to be quite painful in my armpit/chest (I did only 2 rounds of the Side Plank....3 of everything else). This was a good barometer for me to let me know too if I was babying the healing process and could indeed hold/lift weights (yeah, not just yet but I can also tell it won't be too much more time until I can).  I decided with this week being so full of stuffs and to do's that I would alternate Resistance and Interval Workouts...that way I'm only doing 10-15 minutes each day which is totally doable around schedule (and will keep me focused and stress free....nothing like sweating through a tough 15 minutes to get the stress killing endorphins to kick in and burn off angst).
Yoga: Was able to do 5 minutes of yoga stretching, but not the 30-40 minute yoga practice I had wanted to start.....I am so doing that Day 37 (grrrrr).
Eating: Finally back to 90/10 eating, tracking, and all the benefits that come with it!!!
Sleep: 8 hours of sleep and ready for a busy week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment