Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 37

Day 37 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

If you have never practiced yoga, or if you are unsure of modifications or pose form, or if you want to learn more about practice structure, or want an easy daily practice to follow, or want to learn more challenging poses (such as inversions), or if you've been a way from yoga for a time and want the habit back, then have I got the solution for you ;-) Rodney Yee's wonderful book full of just all that: "Moving Toward Balance 8 Weeks of Yoga with Rodney Yee". Yes, it's a book and not a DVD, but while skeptical that would be the way to go, you will just have to trust me on this one....to this day after numerous DVDs, classes, workshops, teacher training, special yoga events, it is still one of the best (and surprisingly easiest) practice/form structures to follow. I highly recommend this book/program to anyone be it newbie, beginner, long time practitioner, etc.

Day 37 Reporting:
Workout: Intervals Sort of Done!!! I had to hold my chest the whole time (so I could jump 'n' bounce 'n' move at interval level), and I had to do Tabatas (4 minute 20x10) because the day was crazy busy, but I did it and that's all that counts.
Yoga: Did Day 2 of the Yee 8 week program (above mentioned). Day 2 because Day 1 for each week is getting familiar with the poses themselves & I don't need this. My modification for the 8 week program (7 days a week with day 1 being pose/modification familiarity practice and day 7 meditation) is to do yoga 5-6 days a week (skipping day 1 and sometimes day 7).
Eating: Have my twice a day apple cider vinegar habit back in along with all my herb infused water/tea and supplements as well as 90/10 clean. This is a great week!
Sleep: Autoimmune isn't going to be the death of me, it's going to be the dogs!!! I only managed 6 hours of sleep, but am not so in deficit and will shoot for 7-8 tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment