Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Days 30-31

Days 30-31 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

I've been a "career woman", working mom, stay at home mom, and now homeschooling mom. so when I tell you that I understand the obstacles .... I understand them from every vantage point. We all get in the mindset of it being too hard to eat right and exercise because of our schedules. It's true...it's hard....regardless of single, married, parent, working, schooling, whatever...it's all a juggling act. Hard doesn't mean not possible, nor does it mean barely doable. Hard mostly means that you have to have discipline. Discipline isn't a bad thing...it's an extremely worthwhile endeavor to have and maintain. Once it's habit, it's a happy thing and one that keeps you in balance mentally, spiritually, and physically. Discipline keeps you on track on your journey!

I heard it all the time from clients: "I just don't have time to eat right, to cook healthy meals". Awww the lies we tell ourselves. I have been cooking healthy meals for eight years (and unhealthy meals for all of my adult life...so way longer). I love a drive through meal as much as the next person. Here's what I can tell you from all the experience: Drive through anything takes more time and money than most healthy meals I prepare. Unhealthy meals (except microwavable processed ones) take more time to prepare in the kitchen than healthy meals do. I'm not soap-boxing here....just trying to relay the truth behind the don't want to's....

Day 30 was an early, on the road day for me. My choices were to skip breakfast, do drive thru, or make something to eat on the road. I was going to be gone all morning and back well after lunch time. A protein shake wasn't going to tide me over for 7 hours. I was running late and a drive thru would have made me late. Solution: two fried eggs with zucchini and squash cooked up together while I finished grabbing everything to go out the door. Took less than 10 minutes, added some grapes, ate at stop lights on the way there (just like we do with fast food). Much better solution: healthier, faster, and more filling. Healthy doesn't have to equal hard or impossible. It just takes the discipline to do it...especially when our mind is convincing us we "can't". Links to help get you on your way: Short On Time?  &  Healthy & Yummy Recipes

Days 30-31 Reporting:
Eating was mostly good, but more 70/30 than 90/10 clean so I need to get more focused now that I'm out of crisis mode.
Working Out: I'm 'working' on that...was extremely active yesterday (day 31) with house cleaning and organizing. Am mentally structuring workouts that will allow my chest to heal and at the same time work my arms, etc. As soon as I have that, I'll share and do! In the meantime, I am getting NEAT while organizing my household so it can be "neat". 

No comments:

Post a Comment