Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Days 24-29

Days 24-29 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Unexpected hurdles and the rest are part of life and very much part of any journey (fitness or otherwise). It's how you hurdle the hurdles that matters most. Last week was a whirlwind of change for me. Beyond meeting with the surgeon and getting a different protocol than surgery, unplanned outpatient biopsies, and recovery....there were numerous other life changing events (of which I won't go into here). It was trying, stressful, painful, but mostly relief filled. I am still healing from the medical procedure, and have several more procedures to go before the year is out, but have good news and many things for which to be grateful! 

Last week was focused on not being in pain ;-) and to that end, I got rest. Eating wasn't great, but not as bad as it could have been. I survived and looked forward to easier days ahead. This week I am much better, but as evidenced by my experience lifting a 50 pound bag of dog food yesterday, still quite limited. The surgeon told me it is going to take some time for the chest wall tissue (and muscle) to heal, and she wasn't lying....the pain incurred with that dog food bag was a stark reminder that I am not yet in a place to do upper body anything strenuous (humph). That's okay though, because I know if I give my body the right movements and the right food these next couple of weeks, then I will heal and be good as newish. This will give me an opportunity to come up with workouts for those dealing with similar limitations and that is not a bad thing at all! Back at it and extremely grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment