Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Days 18-19

Days 18-19 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

"Mom Guilt"! If you don't have kids, there is plethora of other life guilts that fit: relationship, work, family, friends, pets, etc. Bottom-line it's real, it's overwhelming, and it sidetracks us doing what we should for what we feel we have to do instead!!! If you never take any advice that I have to offer, please take this bit of advice: It's okay! The world (your world, their world) is not going to come undone and crumble if you take 1/24th of the day to take care of yourself!!! And, yes I know the argument of the guilt....But, the lists are time away from (fill in the blank), therefore I can't spare anymore time away from (fill in the blank). Here is the deal with that faulty argument: You are not superhuman .... you will cease to exist in any real capacity, if you do not take care of your health!!!! You on the list, is (fill in the blank) on the list! You are necessary and important!

From a Previous Post: Friday, September 14, 2012


Do It For Love

Would you allow your children to abuse themselves and/or someone in your life that you love dearly?  NO you would not!  Then, why do you continue to allow yourself to abuse you?  Whatever do I mean?  Well, I'll tell you ;-)  It's like this:  If you are still on the excuse-a-go-round and not eating supportively or working your body out, then you are in fact harming yourself.  In the short run depending on where you are on your fitness journey and what your health is like as well as your genetic lottery, then you may be okay in the short run....but the long run could be a very different story indeed.  You are someone's child!  You are special to at least one other individual!  If that someone special in your life had a life threatening disease, you would want them to do everything medically possible to overcome that disease...right?  Then why is taking a few moments each and every day to prevent life threatening and/or life shortening situations any different?  Beyond the example you set for those around you (especially those fragile little beings entrusted in our care...Your Children Are Watching!), do it for yourself.....and....If not for your own sake, if not for money in your pocket instead of the insurance companies/doctors/medicine, then do it for love...that someone special in your life!  Take a step outside of what is routine and comfortable and challenge yourself today to take at least one excuse away and replace with the healthy choice you have been neglecting! 

Day 18-19 Reporting:
*Workouts/Runs/Yoga....I'm struggling with whatever my body is dealing with atm....I'm discouraged but haven't given up....just waiting it out.....Until everything settles down (breathing problems and tremors, etc.), I am just existing. I didn't do anything the last two days regarding workouts, etc., because my mind over matter broke (temporarily) ... I will get back to it....just gonna have a tantrum for a beat first and grieve the loss of my expected norms.....just a beat though.....
Eating.....not the best.....I mentioned tantrum and yeah that includes giving two flying pigeons what I eat....but I haven't gone off the deep end....no worries......I will find my worn through bootstraps and get back to clean and simple...
*Sleep....depression does wonders for your amount of sleep :-/ got 7 hours Day 18 and 9 hours Day 19.....

No comments:

Post a Comment