Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day 1

Day 1 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

So not pleased with where I am so far from the goals I had once reached and maintained for so long...UGH! But such is life, and bemoaning the reality is not going to get me back to where my health needs to be, or my goals reached (again). So, took all my measurements (because those are what's important to knowing if my body composition of fat/muscle exchange is going where it needs to go....Body Composition). Weighed on the scale for the sole purpose of knowing how many calories I need to be consuming (protein/carbs/fats). Tried not to get discouraged. It's not as bad a starting point as where I was in 2009, so I'll take it, deal with it, and work with it.

Next assessed my goals:
*Get back to my fittest in 2011 in measurements/clothes sizes/weight/fitness abilities!
*For my health issues (not my recommendation for someone just wanting to get fit/healthy/lose weight, just my personal extreme to get my autoimmune to calm down & prepare for surgery): remove gluten, sugar (except for honey w/vinegar & fruits), corn, dairy (except for post workout whey shakes and the occasional greek yogurt for personal indulgences (I know, right, living high on the hog with that one), alcohol (sad face), caffeine (sadder face), soy (no biggie as I never added that back into my diet (score).
*For my sanity get back to a 6 day a week yoga practice (and never leave it again)! Did I mention, I homeschool 4 kids year round, so sanity is very crucial!!!
*Consistently get 7-8 hours sleep each night (necessary to heal my body and to reach my fitness/weight loss goals).

Plan:
*Resistance & Interval Workout Mon/Wed/Fri before making kiddos' breakfast. This is the best metabolic and efficient way to reach my fitness/weight loss goals (check out the links and info on Workout Tidbits Page.
*Run Tues/Thurs/Sat (to escape noise & demands from kiddos and get some fresh air) before making kiddos' breakfast. I'm not running to lose weight (or because it's best for my knees) as intervals are far more effective. I'm running because I need the outside and alone time and a way to get my frustrations out (being active is something that helps me release the beast and let go of the built up/stuffed down emotions...it's my therapy).
*Yoga Practice when kiddos' are eating said prepared breakfast 6 days a week (or it won't get done).
*Plan & Log all my food to keep me focused and accountable (I still use SparkPeople as it's free and easy to use). Eat 5-6 servings of veggies a day & 3-4 servings of fruits.
*Since my wake up time is 5am (dogs must go out then & there has been no reasoning with them on the time, plus it's the only way I can get in all the of the non-kid "me" stuff), I need to be in bed by 9:30 pm, but for now going to aim for 10 pm every night (kids' bedtime is 8:30 pm, but I'm usually not free of chores/kids 'til 9ish and need something transitional from the work of the day before going to bed even though I'm dead tired well before then.
*Remind myself daily that this is going to be okay and one day I will be able to sparsely add back in better personal indulgences as long as my health is at 100% by eating clean 90% of the time.

Day 1 Reporting:
*Workout done (really, really didn't want to do the intervals, but made myself anyway). HOORAH! (Workout B 3 times through ... 10  min intervals of toe taps/box jumps...time spent for entire workout 30 min)
*The twist yoga practice I had planned didn't happen (humph), but all my Monday "to-do's" got done so at least I'm starting Tuesday without carry over tasks to add to my overwhelming Tuesday list. I will do better at putting me on the list.
*My caloric intake for Day 1 was 300 calories too low, so I'll need to do a better job Day 2! (time spent logging food for the day 10 min)
*I only got 4 1/2 hours sleep Day 1 (oye), this has been typical....body is angry so definitely need to do better!!!

Some info for you:
*For how I arrive at nutritional breakdowns (daily caloric/protein, carbs, fats, etc.), and for a bunch of other eating supportively information and recipes link be sure to click over to Eating Supportively Page.
*Below is the workout I am doing this month (you should change your workouts every 4 weeks & I'll continue to post mine for you), for those of you who did this workout last month when I posted it on Facebook, you can select a different one from Free Monthly Workouts Page. For those of you with knee or other ailments, I will work up a workout just for you in the upcoming days to prevent knee involvement.
*I will try to start posting (w/pics yoga practices), but in the meantime http://veryeffective.blogspot.com/2012/12/free-streaming-yoga-videos.html.


A Workout: Supersets = 2-4 Times Through
  • SB Chest Presses 10-12 Reps
  • SB Tri Pull Overs 10-12 Reps each leg

  • SB Leg Curls 10-12 Reps
  • SB Passes 10-12 Reps

  • Forearm Plank Hold 30-40 seconds
  • Super Planks 10-12 Reps


B Workout: Circuit = 2-4 Times Through

  • DB Goblet Squats 10-12 Reps
  • DB Curl to Presses 8-10 Reps
  • Skiers 30-50 seconds
  • Moving Plank 30-40 seconds
  • Russian Twists 30-40 seconds each side

No comments:

Post a Comment