Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 11

Day 11 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

This was an almost perfect day! There is no such thing as "perfect" anything. What I mean to say is that the day was filled with joy and balance. The four kiddos were all in sync. All the work put into them to heal dysfunctional patterns, teach them how to think for themselves, be responsible, act functionally, express themselves appropriately, be joyful was all experienced. There was harmony in the house to an almost unreal level. It was happy, and very awe....some! In addition, I was getting my have to's done sans stress and remained in balance with perspective. It was a fantastic day!!!

I realized too (on a different level) that stress about anything to the degrees I've experienced them ongoing was what was 'killing' me (in every way). The best my body has felt in months were the past two days. I haven't been this pain free in longer than I can remember. I know I'm going to sound crazy (and that may be), but as long as you're on this journey with me for 90 days, you definitely get to experience all the back 'n' forth of a person on a journey. That's the thing really, I continue to figure out stuffs while doing. There is no sitting around waiting for yourself to have it all planned out and it then all work out as you've planned it to work. You do, figure out, change it around while you do, repeat. Life is messy and so too is any journey (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, relationship). So, here is the crazy: Yes, I need to do an extreme elimination diet, but I also need to be stress free. Yes, I need to get my body metabolically firing through nutrition and exercise, but I need to stay pain free (not inflamed, not stressed). Yes, I need to keep me on the list daily, but I also need to be flexible without giving up on the days "life" happens unexpectedly. To that end, I'm going to try a week of 90/10 metabolic eating as opposed to the full on elimination diet. This is my recommendation to folks wanting to get fit/healthy. Doing this will get my body firing on all cylinders and keep my stress levels down. It won't rid my body of foods possibly triggering inflammatory issues in my system (but neither will high stress levels regardless of what I'm eating). My thought/approach is this: 1) eliminate the foods possibly causing me issues 90-100% of each week, but allowing one or more "eliminated foods" 0-10% each week as indulgences (thing w/testing which foods trigger inflammatory responses is you can't have them at all for weeks to months); 2) try for 100% elimination diet when I'm at a place it won't induce high stress levels and my body has calmed down enough for it to make a difference. I may change my mind and go back to my "f" all and just do everything at once approach (from last week) after next week....it's going to just depend on how I'm feeling. If I'm still this pain free, then yes this 90/10 is the right approach. If the pain and tremors, etc., are back to the levels of before, then I'll most likely go back to 100% deprivation approach. I'm only going to be beholden to how my body is doing, not to how crazy I appear with all the on/off changes.

Day 11 Reporting:
*Run: did intervals today instead of a whole run...did sprints with the kiddos...it was good for the day, the kids, and me!
*Yoga: did stretches with kiddos after sprints...again it was what fit the day and balance overall.
*Eating: LOL started the 90/10 so had two "elimination no no's" as 2 of my 4 indulgences for the week. By indulgence, it's nothing more than servings of a food that's not the best for you, not a gorge fest. Key for me is going to be strategic in indulgences and tread carefully....
*Sleep: I got 7 hours (6 uninterrupted) ... I was up after an hour, then back to sleep. Starting to actually feel rested, so little by little I'll get there....

No comments:

Post a Comment