Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Day 17

Day 17 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

So week 1 is excitement and determination for lasting change. Followed by week 2 which is trying to stay motivated in the face of excitement that has disappeared and life that has fallen down around your ears from the prior weeks push to place you anywhere on the list. Week 3 is integrated balance between week 1 and week 2. Week 4 ahead will be less thinking and more natural doing. Habits have formed again and workouts and clean eating are natural instead of forced. Week 4 is where your stride in a new lifestyle is less chore and more who you are. Less stress and even more balance. Some hit this in week 3...for me it's usual 4...for others it's week 5. Hang in there....perseverance leads to habits!

Day 17 Reporting:
*Workout....done .... sorta....just not the way I had wanted it, but that's life! I had wanted to do my resistance workout and intervals. What happened instead is I took kiddos outside to do some yard work chores in the cool of the morning which took longer than expected (because, you know, kids). It was a lot of squatting and deadlifts in the work of the yard (most definitely a lot of glute work...they burned). It was a lot of memories made with the kiddos, and beauty in the work and the great outdoors. At the end, in realizing the day was now sideways, I initially was discouraged...then decided that was nutz....it was a day I would have wanted if not for all the "lists". In putting away the gardening tools, I threw in a set of bodyweight squats and jumping lunges (ouch after all the yard quad and glute work). I felt I salvaged some of my workout, and then stretched with the kiddos! Life happens in moments presented, and perspective happens in how we deal with all the twists and turns of it all!!!!
*Yoga....on a roll!!! Did 30 minutes of standing practice (inner thighs needed some love).
*Eating....still having the issues w/whatever this new fresh autoimmune hell is....ate clean, just not enough calories...I'll get there!
*Sleep....6 hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment