Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 10

Day 10 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

No excuses! Last week for me was jumping in and making it work regardless regarding me on the list (workouts, etc.). It was about taking control of what needs to be done at the same time tackling the have to lists. This week appears to be old crises and trying to (once again) find balance in it all while still getting my lifestyle back on track. Balance is tricky and doesn't mean that everything works out or gets done or is all what you want in a daily routine. Balance is very much a state of mind. Last week I had drive and the just "do it" (all) mentality. This week, I'm trying to figure out how to balance the have tos, with the unresolved crises, with relaxed spontaneity that life requires (especially with kids). It's always darkest before the storm and the rainbow to follow (so to speak). Finally, I reached the necessary perspective shift that I desperately needed to not sink my ship ongoing. By the way, this is an ever fleeting mindset, one to be protected and cultivated (much like enough sleep). I'm here (in balance) and going to try and stay here while achieving external balance (workouts, etc.)!

"This" healthy (nutrition/sleep/workouts/balance) lifestyle change only works if the perspective and your whole self changes as a part of it. My best advice for anyone is to ebb and flow with life with awareness. Know that some weeks are not going to seem "perfect" as to the lifestyle you are striving for, but are successful if what you achieve is understanding, balance, and the ability to live in a healthy lifestyle without a daily fight for it (with yourself or others). Going through the motions isn't a life or going to be lasting!

Day 10 Reporting;
Workout: I exercised, but not in my set workout routine. Kids had stuff, house had stuff, and I was struggling to put me on the list while those fires seemed most urgent. I failed at forcing my standard resistance/interval workout into the day, because I didn't have balance. It wasn't until the "stuffs" got addressed that I once again found my laugh, free spirit, and spontaneity. It wasn't until I saw the good and progress of all the efforts with the kids that I felt I was okay, they were okay, and life was going to be okay. It would seem no matter how much we moms give, it's never enough, but last night I saw that what I was giving was better than enough. I can be on the list now without the struggle or fight. I found balance!
Yoga: I stretched, but didn't do a full yoga practice. Yesterday was very much finding zen and laughter so I could truly practice yoga. In the past months/year, I lost my ability to breathe deeply. Last night I found my breath and connected with it and laughed lots....it was the therapy I needed.
Eating: Steered clear of all the can't haves and didn't resent any of it ;-) I was shy two servings of veggies and a couple hundred calories, but eating is mostly on track. It's not a hardship like last week, and my body is doing much better as a result!
Sleep: Put kids down, was bone tired, and was in bed for rest by 9 pm. I didn't go to sleep though until later....I instead got something better for me than sleep which was my laugh, my free spirit to enjoy life even in the storms. I'm actually going to be okay! I then slept without my subconscious gnawing on problems all night....I got peaceful rest! Number of hours was 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment