Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 3

Day 3 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Well Day 3 sucks! This was an upside down day from start to finish. Dogs had me up at 4:11 am (ggggrrrrrr), so got them taken care of, set my alarm for 5:30 am to get another hour sleep. No dice, the little jerks had me back up at 5:15 am. My body was ticked, my head was fuzzy, and so I sat outside to try to focus. Rather than doing anything I was "supposed" to be doing, I sat and stared at my phone until 6 am. Sat down at my desk and the next thing I knew it was 8 am (aaaarrrrrggggg). I had not only not done my workout/yoga, but now the kids' breakfast was late (sigh). I was supposed to take them to the park post breakfast (& before school) and do a run/walk with them for their physical well being. The weather was cloudy & muggy and we were behind schedule. My usual is to cut anything I need (including eating, showering, the like) just to get the house and kids stuff done.  It's only 3rd day into this, so I can't give up, but aaaarrrrgggg! Got kids fed and while they ate and did their morning routine of chores, etc., I sat back down at my desk because I needed to take control of at least one thing before I felt overwhelmed by everything. I worked on various things and reordered the day. Flexibility is key in all things!!! Life moves, you gotta move with it.

This is how I regrouped myself to get in front of the runaway and fast moving train of the day: First, I postponed kids run for the next day. Explained to them that this was one of those days and instead of chasing the day, we would just move things around. Let them play for a bit before starting school which allowed both them and me to reset with different expectations. Got them settled in school and I decided that what would keep me best on track is to not just push through a set anything today, but rather move days around this week. In the past, I would have muscled through, still gotten the lists done. Been able to say "at least I touched everything I was supposed to" even though I wouldn't have gotten through what needed to be completed....leaving me feeling defeated, scattered, and set up a really bad day following. Instead, I decided that I would switch my day off day & day 3 day of events giving me the room to breathe. Sunday is my Day 7 which is a workout day off. I am making Day 3 my workout day off this week, working out Thurs/Sat and running Fri/Sun. This way it all gets done, just not in the order I wanted. Done is done though. Sometimes the best thing for staying on track is to realize our plan/intention of schedule just won't work and then figuring out what will work, what will keep us on track. Runaway trains don't have to run you over if you just step aside and get out of it's way...out of your way. There is no such thing as perfect anything. Letting go of doing something that doesn't make sense and won't work and will just knock you down from continuing forward!

Day 3 Reporting:
*Workout day off.
*Yoga day off.
*Thank goodness I had premade food in the fridge because without that I would not have been able to eat well today at all. I managed to squeak through my nutrition today with no backslides. Hit my calories and didn't consume anything I shouldn't.  Not bad for such and upside down day! That's what I'm calling my success for the day in a day full of so many fails!
*Got 5 hours sleep in all. Body is paying greatly for the lack of necessary sleep. Am going to have to figure out how to get 7-8 or a nap or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment