Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 8

Day 8 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

2nd week of my 12/13 week challenge. I have always journaled and always had accountability partner(s) in my past challenges, but I have never journaled to this degree or publicly. LOL it definitely keeps me disciplined to stick with it (especially when I don't wanna), and, oddly enough, me hating the deprivation so badly. Guess sharing the pain in a written, noncodependent, functional, not acting out towards others way is the best course for me....albeit it a little taxing and vulnerable at times. That all said, yesterday sucked big hairy monkey balls! It was an emotional toxic mess (leftover baggage from previous relationships). It was a good reminder of why I no longer allow that in my "circle". It's damaging to me on every level, and having allowed it for so long (majority of my life) is why I'm in the health crisis I'm in now. I now know better, and will do better! I went down the rabbit hole temporarily and had every  no no food on my list (except soy...yaye no soy)! It wasn't a horrible binge, just a smattering (which when doing an elimination diet is bad, bad...metabolically it's not bad as long as it's not a binge, just indulgence sparsely and it's followed the next day with clean eating). The best thing is, that bad day and bad choices isn't going to wreck my journey (metabolically it was fine & emotionally it was a temporary blip & elimination diet wise a great reminder of why I need to keep all things toxic in check in my life)! I'm back at it today and excited to hunker down having been reminded why that's not how I want to live or treat myself ever again!!! Set backs happen, how we recover from them dictates how we've grown.

Mondays are my weigh/measure day to see how I'm progressing. Back in 2009 when I started out losing weight the "right" way, I would weigh/measure on Fridays, but decided after a time that doing this after the weekend was a better way to keep my mind in a good place to stay on track (kept me accountable). Remember that the scale is just to gauge how much your caloric intake needs to be daily. Your measurements are what determine fat loss!!!! When your body is in the process of exchanging muscle 'n' fat, you lose inches but temporarily might gain or just not lose pounds. The pounds will come down once this exchange is offset with more muscle than fat! For the how to's on tracking your body comp changes see: http://veryeffective.blogspot.com/p/measuring-results.html 

As everyone has a different starting point and goal needs for their body both in size/shape as well as fitness abilities/needs, I continue to think it's best to show results reflecting how progress works without going into an ego display of how my body looks or performs compared to you/yours. I'm not in competition with you or anyone, nor should you be in competition with anyone. Compete with yourself by seeing what you can do each time in improvement of your overall fitness abilities (times, weights, form, etc.), and only compete with yourself regarding reaching your size goals that's best for your body (not what a magazine tells you to look like, or how I or anyone else looks). Everyone's journey is their unique journey; everyone's body is unique and will not perform/look/act/react like anyone else's body! However, there are some standards that are universal and to that end, I share information to help you understand the machine that is your body.

Day 8 Body Comp Progress:
*I measure & track all the site measurements (neck/biceps/etc.), but will only post the below particulars that demonstrate overall body comp changes*
Bust: down 1 inch (3 inches to goal)
Belly Button Waist: down 2 inches (3 inches to goal)
Mommy Belly (for the young 20 somethings w/no kiddos, that's the pooch below belly button and above hips): down 3 inches (3.5 inches to goal)
Hips: down 2 inches (3.25 inches to goal)
Upper Thighs: down 1 inch (3.25 inches to goal)
Pounds: up 1 pound (35 pounds to goal) .... & this is where I can best demonstrate how correctly changing your body comp is better than scale losing. I know how to lose pounds and could have lost 10 last week (the wrong way), but if I had done that versus body comp (metabolically) losing fat while gaining muscle, then I would have not lost any inches (might have even gained them), and also once I reached my goal pounds then not be close to the size in inches I want to be for the weight (plus would have a lot of lose skin ... no thank you!).....Back in 2010 when I got down to a size 4 (almost at my goal size), I was 170 pounds....it was only at this point I reached an equilibrium between muscle gained/fat lost and began losing the pounds down to 136 (and a size 2). Just be patient with the process and remind yourself that the scale is not an accurate measure of your muscle/fat ratio & therefore not where your focus needs to reside!!!!


Day 8 Reporting:
*Workout ... nope/nada unless you count the numerous verbal gator rolls with another person :-/
*Yoga .... so many kinds of didn't happen...yesterday was so far removed from zen anything!!!
*Eating .... yeah about that .... see above ... Day 9 back on track!
*Sleep .... can you hear the laughter .... eeeked out 5 hours ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment