Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Day 5

Day 5 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

So first week almost in the bag (so to speak). I've told my clients through the years not to tackle the mountain all at once, which is still my recommendation when trying to course correct your lifestyle. Taking on too much at one time ends up more times than not in defeat. I completely didn't follow my own advice for two specific reasons: 1) I was failing at doing it incrementally over the past months because my personality is usually all in or all out (that's just me...but that's most definitely not everyone). Luke warm is never a good place for me to stay, because I'm too goal oriented and way too impatient. Me "sorta doing" anything means that I don't stick with it, and will forgo tending to it as soon as something that needs my urgent attention comes along (kids, life, stress crisis, you name it). 2) My health had gotten to the point that I needed to be all in, or just get buried in the avalanche.

Know too, that I have done this, studied this, know fully what my body is capable of so doing what I know to work and doing it all at once for me is different than someone tackling all my "how tos" and taking on too much change at once. Also, my changes aren't drastic from my current lifestyle...it's just down to the extremes I have to change for my health. When I say to "start where you are" and go to where you want to go, I mean make the first necessary changes and then incrementally go from there. For example: If you eat out the majority of your weeks now, get very little fiber & veggies, then start by simply eating out less until you can get to where it's an indulgence and not your standard caloric intake. Instead of mastering the 5-6 servings of veggies a day, first start by getting in 3-4 and working from there. Don't set yourself up to fail by dramatically changing everything to the maximum of your ultimate lifestyle goal. Do it in phases. In part, I am doing that with caffeine and dairy. Phase I & II of this challenge (for me) allows that, but by Phase III I want it eliminated (again for my health needs, not my recommendation for just standard healthy eating). Make sense?

For the most part this week, my attitude has been one of fierce reckoning and just doing this thing, until today. It's much more doable when you're overhauling and depriving, if you're also seeing results and feeling better. I am feeling better than past weeks, but today the muscle tremors & spasms and joint pain are really taking their toll and sinking my drive. The deprivation doesn't seem worth it (even though I know deep down it is). The morning was just (my) normal, it wasn't until late morning that it got overwhelmingly hard. It's stems mostly from lack of rest, so I decided instead of eating a plate full of fries & juicy burger loaded with condiments (did I mention I also can't have condiments & dressing....what bs) and drinking a bottle of wine (I so would love nothing more atm) that I would instead rest. Sometimes rest is all your body needs to reset (fingers crossed, cause the wine is just downstairs & I could be at a drive thru in 10 min). I'm going to snuggle my little loves, read a book, anything to distract me temporarily from the pain (except all the things I want to do to numb it). The list will get carried over to tomorrow (it never goes anywhere....ugh). Rest my hip that is preventing me from walking normally and sleep long tonight. Tomorrow is a new day! Remember that the detox side of this will be over soon and remind myself of what my body feels like when I'm eating clean and not inflamed...Know that I'm halfway through this first yucky transitional phase and that by not giving in to temporary tantrum or emotional angst that will only set me back to the beginning and I'd just have to go through all of this ick again.....that I will stay the course!

Day 5 Reporting (run/yoga done early and well before my body betrayed me):
*Run done! Little by little I'm progressing towards where I once was.....
*Yoga done...first full fledge practice this week and I so desperately needed it. Staying on track with this is going to help my body rid toxins and stress and inflammation!
*Hit caloric intake but not veggie/fruit count, have kept the no no foods out, still doing caffeine and not until the sleep thing gets consistent will I wean down to gone.
*Sleep was 7 hours again!!! Slowly but surely (not Shirley) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment