Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 6 & 7

Day 6 & 7 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Day 7 for me is supposed to be my workout day off and a time for reflection of the past week success/fails, and plans for an improved week ahead. I switched my Day 3/7 around this week was not a day off from working out, but still one of reflection. I jumped all in on Monday. That's kinda how I do. I'm a planner, but I am also very spontaneous, no patience, all in or all out kinda gal! So, it is totally like me to wake up and decide 'today is the day I'm going to change my life'. It was a hectic week having not prepared for such an undertaking, but it was what I needed to dive into and stick to such a hard nutritional overhaul. Since my body was still just coming out of a painful bout of everything, I wasn't feeling zesty or anywhere close to full strength. After just one week of this challenge and routine (even with all the extra load of blogging three blogs, etc.), I am already seeing improvement that made it all worth it! Thankful for the joy that is coming back into my soul...thankful for the reduction of pain!!! That's not to say, however, that there wasn't struggles...there were struggles and especially since Friday pain and an ick attitude...this is a day by day self correction balancing what I want, what is good for me, and what I "have" to do. I'll get there...little steps at a time towards balance!

Things I need to focus on making happen this next week: 1) Sleep has got to be a priority! My body isn't going to stay at any kind of push or pull if I don't get 7-8 hours every night!! 2) Eating every 3-4 hours every day & making sure my veggies are maxed out. 3) Finding joy in each moment regardless of the moment.

Day 6 Reporting:
*Workout mostly done (skipped intervals today....did 3 sets of B workout & then trigger point rolled to reduce pain). Got in NEAT with kids' walk & bike ride & a busy day.
*Yoga didn't happen as such, but I did stretch and foam (tennis ball) roll my back/neck/legs.
*Eating wasn't caloric enough, but I managed to steer away from what I wasn't supposed to have, which was a victory given one of the foursome kiddos had a birthday party (hamburgers, cake, cinnamon rolls, corn, etc....didn't eat any of it and mostly didn't resent having to make it all).
*Sleep was 7 hours ... would have actually been 8, but kids and dogs waking me up knocked it down.

Day 7 Reporting:
*Was supposed to go running, but decided my body needed the rest, so took the day off and did Bible study to help get me back to center (mentally & physically).
*Eating was like Saturday (survival around kids' food). I didn't get all my caloric intake in or all my veggies, but ate only what I was supposed to and nothing I wasn't so it was what it was.
*Sleep was not good....week ahead stress had me anxious, so squeaked out 5 hours...not what's going to set me up for a great week....going to get this right somehow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment