Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Friday, June 17, 2016

Day 4

Day 4 of 90 Day Nutrition/Fitness Challenge:

Journaling is important for all kinds of reasons:

  • Planning: By writing down your days thoughts, feelings, struggles, habits, you can at the same time plan what needs to change, shift, happen for you to best meet your health needs/goals.
  • Emotional Well Being: Journaling ends up allowing your subconscious mind to come to light and have a conversation with your conscious mind. It allows all those deep seeded issues to get worked out. "We" are what ends up derailing ourselves by past yuck, if we don't work through them.
  • Resolution: By purging your brain of your thoughts, feelings, experiences, you are able to reach a resolution and not continue to gnaw on them all the time. You give your fears, concerns, struggles a voice and a release. Doing so can provide closure even where there is none and even when the solution is long from fruition.
  • Accountability: By writing down your actions, foods, workouts, etc., you are more likely to continue doing the good lifestyle habits versus falling trapped in "I wasn't so off", "maybe tomorrow will be better" mindset. 

*Workout done in my allotted 30 min (Workout A 3 times through w/my 8 year daughter who btw is a beast! ....jump rope & dance party Intervals). Ended up having to be extremely flexible and disciplined today because workout didn't happen until 7:30 pm ... I very, very much did not want to do it by the time a window opened up for me to do it, but made myself and in that had a great time with my girly girl!!! Additionally, took the four kiddos to the park (before it got hot outside) for their walk/run so lots of extra movement for me today...which is good because I was not very NEAT the past two days with all the desk work (Are You Neat Post).
*Yoga stretching at the park with the kids after their walk/run....so it was good for more than just me today!
*My increments of eating was much better yesterday than today. I need to get my meals/snacks in every 3 hours...much better for my metabolism and my brain (skipping meals because there isn't time, etc., has got to stop). Hit my calories and my veggie intake...mmmm greens! My body is starting to adjust to the lack of "wanted" foods...my mind will soon follow!!
*Put kids to bed, talked through the day with my partner in life, and crashed an hour later. T.V. is a luxury that almost doesn't exist and I am totally fine with that. Staying connected with my "circle" of peeps grounds me in reality and keeps my perspective sound. What I don't need more of in my life is garbage that doesn't grow me, gives me a false sense of reality, or allows me to suppress my needs through escape. Got 7 hours in finally this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment